Topic: Free Cloud Hosting Without Credit Card
Many hosting companies available promised to deliver free, fast, and reliable cloud hosting solutions. But not every hosting is good enough to go for a signup process.
When we talk about “free,” we have to keep in mind that every hosting with a free plan must have limited features. And the best one among is who provides maximum features and is also trustful to host our domain. The top free cloud hosting services allow you to use their platform without any wrong promises.
Before moving further, we want to make it clear that free cloud hosting will have limitations. Every hosting has the various infrastructure of their open plan.
But yes, they also provide paid plans which are packed with powerful features. So, to get the best free cloud hosting without a credit card, you have to spend some time and effort.
Best Free Cloud Hosting Without Credit Card
AWS (Amazon Web Services): Decent cloud hosting service with an offer of 12 months free.
GearHost: Good, reliable, and quick launch cloud hosting service (always free).
Heroku: Good cloud hosting for developers (always free).
Google Cloud: This hosting provides lots of storage space (always free).
Microsoft Azure: This hosting comes with max bandwidth and excellent uptime (12 months free).
We have tried them all to give you a detailed review describing the benefits and limitations of these free cloud hosting services.
But we strongly recommend these services for small businesses and not for the company that gets high volume traffic on their website or app.
These are the top best free cloud hosting service providers where you don’t need your credit card. Before scrolling down in the detailed description, you can click here and see what we notice in the best free cloud hosting services.
AWS (Amazon Web Services): Free, Fast, and Highly Secure
The AWS free plan comes with 12 months of permission; by that, you will get 750 hours of computing for a month.
Excellent as per our expert advice. Amazon Cloud Web Service consists of three types: EC2 (elastic compute cloud), Elastic Beanstalk, and Lightsail. The free tier of EC2 provides complete access to a set of limited resources.
The free tier micro instance can run Linux or Windows, and it is perfect for low to medium performance requirements. You can install and test WordPress and also frameworks like Django and Node.js.
The AWS is an excellent cloud hosting solution, and it is fully customizable. However, it is not so simple to set up; you put your extra effort and extra time to settle down everything in perfect shape.
- AWS is very easy to use or can be configured by the customer.
- The micro instance has 1 GB RAM, 1 vCPU, and an extra CPU available for the baseline.
- You can customize EC2 instances fully, but it requires lots of work.
- Provides additional services like SNS (Simple Notification Service), RDS (Relational Database Service), and GuardDuty for threat detection.
- You can scale up for high performance by adding more computing instances.
GearHost: Simple and Easy to Start
We used GearHost, and we liked it pretty much. It demanded only a few minutes to get all things began flawlessly. The entire process is very fluid and easy without any disturbance and difficulty.
The GearHost consists of five cloud services, and the basic plan is entirely free for a lifetime. After selecting the program, it will take you to sign up and email the verification process.
Some services of GearHost require credit card details but not for the payment but as an insurance policy. As there is no root access available, you have to depend on the interface for the configuration. So, there are limitations you can only use .NET or PHP development environments.
- Can launch up to five free cloud sites, each with 1GB bandwidth, 100MB storage space, and 256MB of RAM.
- The interface is straightforward and simple and best for WordPress.
- You will get each of your sites detailed information of operation, consumption, visitors response, and potential issues.
- If you enhance a paid plan, you will get many robust features like 64bit CPU technology, email services, and more.
Heroku is the best free platform on this list because of its easy and streamlined cloud services. Dynos is the spine of the services, and Heroku expressed in his own words, “Dynos are divided virtualized Linux containers.”
In Heroku, six types of plans are available, and they are programmed to execute the user-specified code-based command.
The first plan is entirely free to use, and it is best for students and developers because of its simplicity and easiness. Various languages and frameworks are available such as Python, Node.js, and Ruby, without any configuration.
Signing up and getting your dyno is quick and straightforward. Free dyno appears with 512 MB of RAM and 2 process models (equal to 1 vCPU). Also, in a PHP environment, you can run wordpress or any other similar platform.
- For situations like code and app presentations, the cloud instance will be off if you remain inactive for 30 minutes and you have to turn it on.
- Heroku’s simple interface lets you add dyno or any other extra features very quickly.
- Heroku comes with pre-configured mandatory settings to deploy a development environment for PHP, Node.js, Python, and others.
- You can add and install add-ons available for cloud accounts; some are free, like Heroku Redis, Timber.io, and Mailgun, and some are available at a low monthly cost.
Google Cloud: Available With Lots of Storage Space
Google Cloud Service is an outstanding cloud service provider, and they provide a ton of products. Still, it has a setup of several options, which can make a beginner developer very confusing. So, before opting for GCP, be sure to get ready for some trouble.
Google Cloud Service free tier is best for those looking for free cloud hosting, but the bandwidth that google provides is only for US-based cloud instances and not for the destination outside the US.
Google’s free tier will always be free and with f1-micro instance available in the free level for every month provides an excellent amount of storage space to work with. Compute Engine instances will be your best partner for developing WordPress websites.
- F1 micro instance comes with 1 vCPU, 0.6 GB RAM, 30 GB of storage space, 5 GB of snapshot storage, and 1 GB of bandwidth.
- GCP will provide you $300 for the first year only for testing purposes. All you have to do is sign up and enter credit card details (nothing will be charged).
- You will benefit from Google’s advanced technology like speech recognition, artificial intelligence, and diagnostics (limited free plan available).
- All other Google’s online products like G Suite, Docs, Ads, etc., will be integrated under the same account.
Microsoft Azure: Great Uptimes And Bandwidth
Some Azure products are free for 12 months, some for life, and some come up with free trials with the use of credit cards. Microsoft Azure is very similar to AWS. We think Azure is excellent because of bandwidth and uptimes.
Linux virtual machines, storage space, databases, and bandwidth resources will be found on the 12 months free plan. Azure’s free resource specification follows 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM, 5 GB space. So, you can see these are a lot more than the shared hosting providers offer in their mid to advanced-level plans.
But there is one major problem that affects most novice users: it is not made for newcomers. Suppose you are a newcomer, then we strictly don’t recommend this for your start-up. Because to make this platform work smoothly, you need a lot of experience, expertise, and time. Hence, think before you choose Microsoft Azure.
- You can put your credit card details and purchase any 30-day trial product ($200 free credit).
- Full support is available for Windows operating systems from Microsoft Azure. And also, Linux machines are available.
- Microsoft Azure is known for its uptimes, and they claim a 99.9% of uptime guarantee.
- Free storage upto 5 GB is available together with 1 vCPU and 1 GB of RAM.
What Should You Look When Selecting a Free Cloud Hosting Service
Getting a good and decent free cloud hosting service is complex and confusing, especially when you are new to this job. But we have compiled a short but straight-to-the-point list to make your task easy.
- Good service and best uptimes: You should go for a cloud hosting provider who offers limited but decent service and has the best uptimes. Uptime is crucial because if your hosting response is not good, then all your hard work is a waste. The best free cloud hosting providers who are listed above provide the best uptimes and ultra-fast speed.
- Many deployment locations: Always go for the hosting service that provides multiple server locations and not the hosting with few servers in a particular area.
- Availability of resources: We already mentioned that free cloud services come with limited resources. Still, it would be best if you went with the hosting that provides enough resources to test and get you started.
- Scalability: Go for the hosting where you get room to scale. Success is the most significant problem for those who use average hosting solutions. It is tough to grow; as your website gets traffic, it will go down as there is not enough space to hold.
- User friendly: It is good to choose a hosting that provides a user-friendly environment. You can develop great things in less time when your hosting makes things easier for you.
How Safe is Free Cloud Hosting?
You don’t have to worry at all about these hosting’s quality and security. These free cloud hostings are provided by hosting companies that are already popular for their paid hosting plans. And these free cloud hostings are built on a similar infrastructure as paid plans.
How Good is the Performance of Cloud Hosting?
There is no doubt that cloud hosting provides the best performance even for a poorly built website. So, there is no doubt it will perform better than shared hosting.
Why Should You Choose Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting provides excellent servers, multiple international locations, and an easy but powerful management platform. Cloud hosting allows you to scale up and scale down as per requirement.
But we don’t recommend every hosting with the name cloud. Not every hosting is good to go.
When You Need a Paid Plan?
If you are a beginner, then there is no need for a paid plan as free cloud hosting comes with more than enough resources. Whereas if you are in the advanced level and your site receives significant traffic, it is good to change to paid plans.
Free Cloud Hosting Without credit card: These are our top best recommended free cloud hosting without a credit card. Above mentioned hostings are reliable and decent to give a try. For your convenience, we have put down a summary list below.